‘Senior Entrepreneurs’ is a specially designed training programme, jointly organised by the County and City Enterprise Boards and Senior Enterprise, which is an INTERREG supported EU initiative led by the Mid-East Regional Authority. The Institute for Minority Entrepreneurship at the Dublin Institute of Technology is also supporting the training initiative.
The aim of this interactive 2 day residential workshop is to give entrepreneurs aged 50+ the opportunity to develop a business plan to guide the establishment of their new business. It is suitable for those with an idea, on which they would like to base a new business, who would like assistance in taking their idea from concept to commercial reality.
To achieve this objective the workshop will equip particpants:
• To assess the feasibility of their business idea
• To undertake market research
• To develop an action based marketing plan
• To acquire the knowledge to complete 1 – 3yr sales and expenditure projections
• To develop practical skills for achieving their projected sales targets
• To understand how to manage cash flow in their business
• To identify the amount of capital required to start their business
• To gain awareness of the supports available to new businesses
• To identify appropriate exit strategies
The delivery style will be highly interactive and will draw on the skills, experience and knowledge of particpants through facilitated round tables.
Location: Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise, Co Laois
Date: 8th/9th May 2012
Cost: €75 to include all training material, food and accommodation (single occupancy) in the hotel. This residential workshop can be offered to particpants at this low price thanks to the support of the County Enterprise Boards and of Senior Enterprise who believe that there is considerable untapped potential among those aged 50+ to become entrepreneurs.
How to apply: Contact your local County Enterprise Board. To find the County Enterprise nearest to you click on the link http://www.enterpriseboards.ie/find_your_enterpirse_board.aspx
PLEASE NOTE – This blog is copied from www.enterpriseboards.ie so as to promote the eventShare